To Reach Black Walnut from Ithaca (Daytime Route):
- Take Highway 89 North (Cayuga Scenic Byway) from Ithaca.
- After passing Taughannock Park (8 miles from Ithaca) continue north approximately 3 miles on 89.
- Turn SHARP left onto East Covert Road/Booth Road. You will also see signs for the Americana Winery just before you turn. Stay on East Covert Road for approximately 1 mile. You will pass the Americana Winery on your right. ¼ of a mile pass the winery, Black Walnut will be on your left. Parking is just off East Covert Road by our barn.
To Reach Black Walnut from Ithaca (Nighttime route):
1. Take NY State Hwy. 96 north from Ithaca, heading towards Trumansburg.
2. As you start driving out of Trumansburg, go 2.6 miles until you reach East Covert Road (there is also a sign pointing to the Americana Winery). Turn right onto East Covert Road; we are located at the corner of Hwy. 96 and East Covert. Park by the barn just past the inn.
To Reach Black Walnut from Rochester/Syracuse/Buffalo/Toronto & Points along the NY Thruway:
- Take New York State Thruway (I-90) to Exit 41.
- After exiting the Thruway, turn right onto Highway 414 towards Seneca Falls.
- Proceed less than ½ a mile, and turn left at your first light onto Highway 318.
- Follow Highway 318 for 4 miles to the end of the road, where you’ll be at a stop sign. Turn left onto Highways 5 & 20.
- Just after entering Highways 5/20, take an immediate right (at the stop light) onto Highway 89 south.
- Proceed on Highway 89 (Cayuga Scenic Byway) for 25 miles.
- One mile past Bellwether Hard Cider Distillery turn right onto East Covert Road/Booth Road (you’ll also see a sign directing you to the Americana Winery, also located on East Covert Road. Do not take Booth Road, which is a sharper right).
- Stay on East Covert Road for approximately 1 mile. You will pass the Americana Winery on your right. ¼ of a mile pass the winery, Black Walnut will be on your left. Parking is just off East Covert Road by our barn.
To Reach Black Walnut from Corning (via Watkins Glen & Trumansburg): Total Time – 1 Hour
1. Take Highway 414 North from Corning to Watkins Glen (19 miles)
2. After leaving Watkins Glen, continue on Highway 414/Highway 79 towards Burdett (1.6 miles).
3. Stay straight to continue on Highway 79 towards Burdett and Ithaca.
4. In Burdett, turn right at first stop sign to continue on Highway 79 (Lake Avenue).
5. In 4.3 miles, take slight left onto Highway 227.
6. In 5.9 miles, take left to continue on Highway 227 towards Trumansburg.
7. Follow Highway 227 just over 3 miles until it ends in Trumansburg.
8. Turn left onto Highway 96 North/Main Street.
9. Drive 2.6 miles, and turn right onto East Covert Road. The Black Walnut is at the corner of East Covert Road and
Highway 96. Park just past the inn at our barn.